Adobe AIR 3.2 release candidate is now available for download. This build introduces the Stage3D API to iOS and Android devices, enabling full hardware accelerated 2D and 3D graphics for mobile apps
You can download Adobe AIR 3.2 Release Candidate from here:
AIR 3.2 Features
This release candidate build provides access to the AIR 3.2 runtime and SDK for Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android . The key features and benefits of AIR 3.2 are:
- Stage3D hardware accelerated GPU rendering (mobile) — AIR 3.2 introduces the Stage3D API to iOS and Android. These low-level APIs enable cinematic, high-performance 2D and 3D graphics with full GPU acceleration across devices.
- Drivers gating for hardware acceleration relaxed (desktop) — In earlier Mac and Windows releases, hardware acceleration for Stage3D was limited to drivers released after 1/1/2009. This release expands support, relaxing driver gating to 1/1/2008.
- Mouse lock, relative mouse coordinates, right and middle click events (desktop) — Create immersive, panoramic games with infinite scrolling to enable new classes of content, including first-person games.
- Throttling event — This release introduces a new ThrottleEvent. A ThrottleEvent is now dispatched by the stage when the Flash Player throttles, pauses or resumes content.
- Multithreaded video decoding (desktop) — The video decoding pipeline is now fully multithreaded. This feature should improve the overall performance on all platforms. Note that this feature is a significant architecture change required for other future improvements.