You may find that Network and/or Internet speeds are very slow when using an Intel Network Adapter.
This appears to be an issue with the Speed and Duplex settings, after a Driver update or installation you may notice that the Speed and Duplex is set to 100 Mbps Full Duplex.
When running a LAN Speed Test it only reports a Read speed of 5 Mbps and Internet Speed tests also report terrible Download rates.
Upon changing the Speed and Duplex setting to Auto Negotiation the issue is resolved
LAN speed test and www.speedtest.net results after making this change both indicate the issue is resolved
Adobe Flash Player 11.3 Beta 3 has been released.
The key features and benefits of Adobe Flash Player 11.3 are:
•Full screen keyboard input — This feature enables support for all keyboard keys available to an embedded SWF running inside of a page without full screen mode( except for ‘Esc’). It allows developers to determine if the app is in full screen, whether full keyboard input is allowed, and whether the app is able to request full screen (determined by the embed tag parameter).
•Low latency audio support for streaming audio through NetStream — This feature aims to reduce latency for high quality streaming audio playback. It addresses a very special use case of cloud gaming, where the game is rendered at a server and audio and video are streamed to the client.
•Protected Mode for Firefox — Flash Player Protected Mode is a new security enhancement designed to limit the impact of attacks launched from malicious SWF files against Adobe Flash Player when running in Firefox 4.0+ on Windows Vista and higher. This feature is comparable to the Flash Player Protected Mode in Google Chrome browser, Protected Mode in Adobe Reader, and Office 2010 Protected View.
•Flash Player background updates (Mac) — New versions of the runtimes can now be delivered more effectively to the end user with this enhanced updating mechanism (Background update is only available in the release versions of Flash Player).
•Low latency audio support (Sound API) — This enhancement reduces the latency for Sound.play method and changes to volume and pan on SoundTransform. The latency of SAMPLE_DATA event should also be reduced considerably. •Texture Streaming for Stage3D — Provides an ability to upload coarser, lower quality textures on the GPU first and then progressively improve them as more data becomes available.
You can download Adobe Flash Player 11.3 beta 2 from here http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11-3/
Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 for Windows Macintosh and Linux
This new version includes:
- Drivers gating for hardware acceleration relaxed — Previously, the hardware accelerated content was gated to 1/1/2009, however, we have relaxed the driver gating to 1/1/2008
- Throttling event — This release introduces a new ThrottleEvent. A ThrottleEvent is now dispatched by the stage when the Flash Player throttles, pauses or resumes content
- Mouse lock, relative mouse coordinates, right and middle click events — Create immersive, panoramic games with infinite scrolling to enable new classes of content, including first-person games
- Multithreaded video decoding (Windows, Mac OS, and Linux) — The video decoding pipeline is now fully multithreaded. This feature should improve the overall performance on all platforms. Note that this feature is a significant architecture change required for other future improvements
- Flash Player background updates (Windows) — New versions of the runtimes can now be delivered more effectively to the end user with this enhanced updating mechanism (Background update is only available in the release versions of Flash Player)
Please visit http://www.adobe.com to download this latest release