You may find that Network and/or Internet speeds are very slow when using an Intel Network Adapter.
This appears to be an issue with the Speed and Duplex settings, after a Driver update or installation you may notice that the Speed and Duplex is set to 100 Mbps Full Duplex.
When running a LAN Speed Test it only reports a Read speed of 5 Mbps and Internet Speed tests also report terrible Download rates.
Upon changing the Speed and Duplex setting to Auto Negotiation the issue is resolved
LAN speed test and www.speedtest.net results after making this change both indicate the issue is resolved
Adobe AIR 22.214.171.12450 has now been released and includes the followings new features:
• USB debugging for AIR iOS — This new feature allows the iOS developer to connect to the desktop via USB while debugging their mobile applications instead of relying on network connectivity
• Enhanced Background behavior for AIR iOS — Background support now more closely resembles native applications in iOS. In addition to some basic multitasking and background audio support that is already enabled with AIR for iOS, applications may now support location updates and networking in the background, as well as being notified when a background app is about to be suspended by the operating system
• Stylus support for Android 4.0 — Stylus support in Flash takes advantage of the new-in-4.0 Android Stylus API, so that stylus-aware apps work automatically with any devices supporting the Android API set
• Simulator Support (Mac) — With the enhanced simulator support a developer can now package and run an application on iOS simulator using ADT commands. This feature allows an iOS developer to develop and run an application without needing an actual set of devices by using the iOS simulator using Xcode
• Aspect Ratio Enhancements — With AIR 3.3 the issue with the runtime ignoring the specified aspect ratio has been resolved. In this release we address this use-case by allowing only screen orientation corresponding to app specified aspectRatio and orientation corresponding to 180 degree device rotation from the specified aspectRatio
• Improved Mac App Store Support — Added support to ensure Mac AIR apps adhere to Apple guidelines and can be submitted to the Mac App store successfully
Adobe Flash Player 11.3 Beta 3 has been released.
The key features and benefits of Adobe Flash Player 11.3 are:
•Full screen keyboard input — This feature enables support for all keyboard keys available to an embedded SWF running inside of a page without full screen mode( except for ‘Esc’). It allows developers to determine if the app is in full screen, whether full keyboard input is allowed, and whether the app is able to request full screen (determined by the embed tag parameter).
•Low latency audio support for streaming audio through NetStream — This feature aims to reduce latency for high quality streaming audio playback. It addresses a very special use case of cloud gaming, where the game is rendered at a server and audio and video are streamed to the client.
•Protected Mode for Firefox — Flash Player Protected Mode is a new security enhancement designed to limit the impact of attacks launched from malicious SWF files against Adobe Flash Player when running in Firefox 4.0+ on Windows Vista and higher. This feature is comparable to the Flash Player Protected Mode in Google Chrome browser, Protected Mode in Adobe Reader, and Office 2010 Protected View.
•Flash Player background updates (Mac) — New versions of the runtimes can now be delivered more effectively to the end user with this enhanced updating mechanism (Background update is only available in the release versions of Flash Player).
•Low latency audio support (Sound API) — This enhancement reduces the latency for Sound.play method and changes to volume and pan on SoundTransform. The latency of SAMPLE_DATA event should also be reduced considerably. •Texture Streaming for Stage3D — Provides an ability to upload coarser, lower quality textures on the GPU first and then progressively improve them as more data becomes available.
You can download Adobe Flash Player 11.3 beta 2 from here http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11-3/
You may find that your Google Android ICS 4.0, 4.01 or 4.02 Smart Phone crashes and reboots when you try to connect to an IPSec Xauth PSK VPN over the 3G Mobile Network. This has been seen to occur with Watchguard and Cisco VPN connections and is related to a glitch in the Google Android Modem Driver.
You will need to wait for an Over the Air update to Google Android 4.0.3 for the issue to be resolved, if this issue is severely affecting you then you may be able to contact your moile network carrier and/or the handset manufacturer to arrange to have the phone updated earlier.
Further information about this issue can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23404&can=1&q=vpn%20xauth&colspec=ID Type Status Owner Summary Stars